What We Learned From Mrs. Yip and Mistral
Students from Grade 3/4 at Emily Carr Public School, Scarborough, Ontario, comment on Mistral and Mrs. Yip's visit to their classroom.
- We learned to be nice to animals.
- Mistral loves to chase things like cats.
- Mrs. Yip told us that animals have computer chips in them so when they get lost they scan them so they know who to call.
- Mrs. Yip said to be kind to each other.
- Mrs. Yip said to always keep the leash on the animals.
By Freedom (Gr. 3)
- You should always respect your animals and pets because they have feelings too.
- You should never let your dogs or pets off the leash because they may run away or chase animals.
- You should always scoop your dog's or pet's waste because you don't want to put your dog or pet's waste on someone else's property.
- You should take your dog or your pet to the vet for a check up.
- You should go to the animal shelter if your dog or your pet gets lost. That's the best place to find him/her.
By Upasna (Gr. 3)
- What I learned from Mrs. Yip is that you should be nice to pets.
- You should take good care of pets to keep them healthy.
- You need to take it for walks and feed it, also take it to the washroom.
- Mrs. Yip also said stay away from animals that are wild.
- She said you should be nice to other people too.
By Lina (Gr. 4)
- Mrs. Yip said that Mistral can run 40 km a hour. That was cool that Mistral can run that fast.
- She said that dogs have to be on a leash every where they go.
- Mistral has to get a needle so he doesn't get rabies.
- Dogs have to eat the right food if you give dogs not the right food they might get sick.
- Mrs. Yip said that dogs have to poop and you have to pick up the poop.
By Hudson (Gr. 3)
- I learned if you don't have your dog on a leash when you are walking him he or she could see a squirrel it could run away from you.
- I learned that you always have to bring a bag to pick up the dog's poo.
- I learned that you always have to give your pet's food and water.
- I learned if you see a lost dog you have to take it to the vet.
- I also learned that you have to get a chip in your dog in case he or she gets lost.
Gavin (Gr. 4)