NOTICE: Due to Covid-19 and Government restrictions, our Kindness Teachers and their Kindness Dogs are unable to visit students in the classroom, as we have done for the past 47 years.
The Beatrice Watson-Acheson Foundation offers a trained Kindness Program teacher, at no cost to the school, to present our "Values Through Humane Education" program. Lessons are provided for Kindergarten to Grade 8 students in the Greater Toronto Area and Ottawa. The visit includes:
- A trained Kindness Program teacher, accompanied by her/his dog.
- Lessons range from 45-90 minute (Kindergarten: 20-30 minutes). This time allotment is determined by the school principal and a Kindness Program teacher.
- Lessons focusing on a general theme of kindness and respect, geared to the age and grade of the children.
- The opportunity for children, under careful supervision, to approach an animal and experience its unconditional love.
- Follow-up lesson material for teachers and students.
- Stickers with a "Be Kind to Animals" message for the students.
To Request A Visit:
- Download the Visit Request Form to your computer/device. (To download, you may need to right-click and Save Link As).
- Fill out the form and save a copy of the completed form to your computer/device.
- Email the completed and saved form to us at: .
Here is some feedback from schools we have visited.